Thursday 5 December 2013

Bettie Page Vibro-A-Go-Go Classic Vibrator

I mentioned in a previous review that I was sent two products from the Bettie Page range sold exclusively at Lovehoney.co.uk. I was kindly asked to review this 'Vibro-A-Go-Go Classic Silicone Vibrator' as well as the 'Buzzin' Bullet Vibrator and Orgasm Balm Set'; You can find my review of this product here.

The packaging in the Bettie Page range is absolutely beautiful, and if you've already read my review of the Bettie Page bullet and balm set, then you'll already know how much I rate this packaging. It's definitely up there with the quality and presentation of Lelo's packaging. The Vibro-A-Go-Go arrives in a sturdy black presentation box with a cardboard slip around it; it’s so elegant and is perfect to give as a gift; I really do love
this packaging. Inside the box you'll find the classic vibrator nestled in a velvety inlay tray along with a collector’s card and a little keychain charm with an image of the legend herself, Bettie Page on it.


The Vibro-A-Go-Go is a decently sized classic style vibrator which has 3 different speed intensities - low, medium, high - and can be used for clitoral stimulation as well as it’s main purpose, which is internal stimulation. It is crafted from both ABS plastic as well as silicone. The base cap and inner frame of the shaft are made from a rigid ABS plastic, and the shaft is coated with a soft, skin-safe silicone material which is latex and phthalates free. The top of the shaft features a somewhat flexible tapered tip made of only silicone which is firm, yet flexible; this ends about 1 inch down from the tip and from here you can begin to feel the shell of rigid plastic inner core underneath the silicone coating. The silicone, like most, does tend to attract dust and lint, however not a large amount. As this is a silicone coated toy, I would suggest using a lubricant to eliminate or decrease the amount of drag on the skin. Always use a water-based lubricant as silicone lubes may degrade the silicone surface of the toy.

Washing is made fairly easy due to the vibrator being water resistant, which means you’re okay to take the vibrator near water, just don’t submerge it in water as you will ruin it. You can use a toy cleaner or some soap and water, just be sure to take extra care around the screw cap base.

The vibrator is powered by 4 x AAA batteries, which is good because they are easy and cheap to get hold of, however replacing the batteries may become costly over time. To insert the batteries, simply unscrew the base and pull out the white battery compartment, insert the batteries, replace the compartment and screw the base back on securely. It is controlled by a one-touch button on the base of the toy. Press this button to turn the toy on and off, as well as to scroll through the different speed intensities. My only niggle with one-touch buttons is that you can only ascend through the functions, meaning if I want to go back to a previous speed intensity, then I have to click through the functions until I turn it off, then start from the beginning.

I found the noise levels to be fairly low, even on the highest speed intensity which can easily be muffled under a duvet so you’re safe using the vibrator if you live with others. The vibrations are strongest about 1 – 1.5 inches down from the tip of the vibrator, however, to me it feels as though the silicone coating, especially at the tip, dampens the vibrations.

 
My Experience:

When used internally the Bettie Page Vibro-A-Go-Go Classic Vibrator doesn’t have a significant effect on me or my lady parts. The vibrations, even on the highest setting, are not enough to satisfy me, and this is due to it being a classic style vibrator with a completely straight shaft meaning it lacks giving its user G-spot stimulation. I find that thrusting the vibrator whilst still on does give me a bit of pleasure, but not that much, only really at the opening to my vagina. I can't even get 'half way' to reaching orgasm when using this toy alone and can only orgasm with some additional clitoral stimulation. 

When used as a clitoral vibrator, again this isn’t as powerful as I’d hoped it would be due to the weakened vibrations most probably caused by the thick silicone coating, and I don't gain any significant pleasure from using it. I have managed to orgasm using this toy but only by covering my clitoral area with the strongest part of the shaft and on the highest speed. But even this takes a while due to the vibrations simply not being strong enough for me, and the orgasms I receive from the vibrator generally aren't mind-blowing.

I was hoping that I would love the Vibro-A-Go-Go Classic Vibrator, but overall I have been left quite unsatisfied with it. I do really like the style and the materials the toy is made from, however I just wish there was both more power hidden inside it as it’s just not powerful enough for me, as well as a curved shaft to stimulate the G-spot. I’d say it’s more suitable for those that aren't too fond of powerful vibrations or G-spot stimulation, and even couple’s play for some teasing.


Measurements:

  • Length: 8 inches
  • Insertable Length: 6.5 inches
  • Circumference: ? inches


Where to Buy:


The Bettie Page Vibro-A-Go-Go Classic Vibrator is available to buy online exclusively from Lovehoney.co.uk for £29.99.

*All prices are correct at the time of posting and are subject to change.
*This product was sent to me free of charge in return for an honest review. In no way does this affect my opinions and experience of the product.


Live a Sexier Live

No comments:

Post a Comment